Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops Military DiscountUpdated: June 8, 2023
Bass Pro Shops was founded in 1972 by an avid young angler named Johnny Morris in the back of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today, this leading national outdoor gear and apparel retailer has almost 200 retail and marine center locations across North America.
It has merged with Cabela’s, and both offer a military discount for currently active and military veterans who can enjoy the Legendary Salute 10% discount every day for qualifying purchases. The 10% discount is an increase from the previous 5% discount offered by the same program.
What are the details of the active military and veteran’s discount?
The 10% discount applies to thousands of items, including selected sale items, promotions, and firearms and ammunition. It is offered to members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, and Reserves on the Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shop websites and for in-store purchases.
Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops exclude certain products and services from the discount, including:
- Boats, trailers, and motors (canoes and kayaks are eligible)
- Tractors, ATVs/UTVs, and trailers
- Services for boats, ATVs, UTVs, and tractors
- Gift cards
- Non-merchandise services, such as hunting licenses and Gear Guard
The Bass Pro Shop’s military discount may vary by location, so it’s best to ask beforehand to ensure you’ll get the discount.
Also, the company’s Veterans Advantage Partner Coalition does not support this military discount, so the retailer cannot guarantee its availability.
For added savings, you can also check out Cabela’s and Bass Pro shops Bargain Cave, sign up for an email Savings Account, and be notified of rotating sales, additional discounts, and rebates.
Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops offer shipping to APO and FPO military addresses. Standard shipping rates apply, and no expedited options are available. Also, there are no sales taxes when shipping to APO and FPO addresses.
The retailer does not currently offer a Veterans Day discount.
What are the steps for active military and veterans to get the Bass Pro Shops discount?
You’ll need to provide proof of your military or veteran status. Some suggested forms of ID to prove your service include:
- Military ID card
- Veterans or Retired ID card
- VA health care card
- Your current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Your DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- State-issued ID, such as a driver’s license that lists veteran status
Bass Pro Shops will accept both active and expired ID cards.
If you have other forms of active military or veteran identification, contact Bass Pro Shops to ensure they will accept it. For example, your VetRewards Card ID from Veterans Advantage may qualify as valid proof of military eligibility.
Once your account has been activated, you can start enjoying your 10% discount online immediately. If you shop at Bass Pro Shops in person, you can also show your military ID at checkout to get your discount.
If you want to place an order by phone, verify your status by activating an account, then call 1-800-227-7776 to place an order.
Other ways Bass Pro Shops supports the military community
In addition to offering a military discount daily at Bass Pro Shop stores, this retailer also extends respect and gratitude to military members through several programs and partnerships. Some of these include:
- Actively recruiting veterans to join the Bass Pro Shops team, with thousands of armed services veterans currently part of the company’s workforce.
- Donating millions to AMVETS and USO through longstanding partnerships and encouraging customers to do the same.
- Hosting events that help recovering veterans connect with nature, like Fishing Dreams for Veterans, a series of special fishing tournaments for disabled veterans.
- Compiling care packages for Special Forces units with hundreds of packages sent from Bas Pro Shop team members every year.
Another way to earn rewards
The Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s CLUB is a comprehensive customer loyalty program that allows customers to better connect with the company and the outdoors by joining conservation efforts while earning great rewards.
Purchases made on the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s CLUB cards at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s retail locations; orders through Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s catalogs, and online at www.basspro.com and www.cabelas.com will earn CLUB Points at your card tier (2% for Classic cardholders; 3% for Silver cardholders; 5% for Black cardholders).
Bass Pro and Cabela’s CLUB members can redeem points at any U.S. Bass Pro Shops retail location and any U.S. Cabela’s retail location.
Additional military discounts
Go here for a comprehensive list of active military and veterans discounts.