Amazon Prime Discounts for Military Members and VeteransUpdated: July 7, 2023
You can get Prime Day started early and shop our curated guide of veteran-owned Amazon storefronts, including products like coffee, pet treats and personal care essentials.
Does Amazon Prime Have a Military Discount?
At this time, Amazon does not offer a year-round military discount or a Veterans Day discount. However, military members and veterans can definitely take advantage of the year-round Prime membership, which begins at $14.99 a month or $139 for an entire year.
When is Prime Day 2023?
Amazon’s infamous Prime Day 2023 began with access for Prime members on Tuesday, July 11th, 2023, with 48-hour deals running through Wednesday, July 13th, 2023.
Amazon Prime Day Discounts 2023
Amazon Prime Day 2023 is returning in July 2023. In the past, Prime Day deals have offered major savings on Amazon Devices, Fire TV and Smart TVs, electronics, major clothing brands, house hold items and more.
Prime Day 2023 – Quick Links
- Amazon devices: up to 60% off Alexa and smart home devices
- Apparel: deals on Gap, Nike, Ray-Ban, more
- Back to school: up to 50% off supplies
- Beauty/makeup: save on sunscreen, face masks, more
- Furniture: up to 60% off tables, desks, bar stools on sale
- Kitchen/dining: cookware, small appliances from $49
- OLED TVs: deals from $849
- Pets: save on dog/cat food and toys
- Travel: luggage, tote bags, backpacks on sale from $16
- Video games: games/accessories from $24
Other Prime Benefits for 2023
Amazon Prime Delivery Benefits
Amazon Prime membership includes a variety of shipping benefits, including several shipping options if you need to expedite your delivery. The standard is free two-day delivery on millions of items, with a smaller subset of items being eligible for one-day and same-day delivery, depending on your location.
Amazon has recently added ultrafast grocery delivery to Prime, allowing you to get two-hour delivery on a wide selection of groceries, including meat, seafood, produce, snacks, and household essentials.
Get Grubhub+ Free for 1 Year
Amazon Prime members are eligible for one free year of Grubhub+. All members can access unlimited $0 delivery fees on eligible orders from restaurants. For a limited time, you can save 10% on Grubhub orders of $12 or more, up to $10, with code PRIME10.
Streaming and Digital Benefits
Prime membership comes with a wide range of streaming and digital benefits that cater to a variety of interests, making it a worthwhile investment for individuals and families alike.
Firstly, Prime Video, a key feature of Amazon Prime, offers members the opportunity to watch exclusive Amazon Originals along with thousands of popular movies and TV shows. This service comes at no extra cost to Prime members and is accessible on virtually any device, making it perfect for entertainment at home or on the move.
In addition to Prime Video, Amazon Prime also offers Prime Video Channels. This feature allows members to enjoy their favorite shows and movies from a variety of channels including discovery+, Paramount+, EPIX, NBA League Pass, and STARZ. The best part? No cable is required, and members can cancel anytime. Furthermore, there’s no need to download additional apps, and the cost ranges from $4.99 to $14.99 per month for Prime members.
Music lovers are not left out either. Amazon Prime offers two music services: Amazon Music for Prime members and Amazon Music Unlimited. The former allows members to shuffle play all the music and listen to a vast catalog of top podcasts without ads. The latter, on the other hand, provides access to 100 million songs on-demand, the most ad-free top podcasts, and the ability to listen offline and in HD audio. This service starts at $8.99 per month with Prime.
Prime Gaming is another exciting benefit for the gaming community. It offers free games to keep, in-game content for favorite games across all available devices, and a Twitch channel subscription — all free each month.
Amazon Prime also caters to photography enthusiasts and families with Amazon Photos and Amazon Kids+. With Amazon Photos, Prime members receive unlimited full-resolution photo storage and 5GB for video storage. They can also order printed products or personalize their Echo Show or FireTV with Amazon Photos. Amazon Kids+, on the other hand, is an all-in-one subscription that gives kids access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, educational apps, and games on compatible devices. Prime members enjoy up to a 40% discount on this service.
Buy Now, Pay Over Time with Affirm
For a limited time, Prime members can get 0% APR on OnePlus phones, accessories, and Garmin smartwatches. For other eligible products, just add at least $50 or more to your cart and select Affirm as your payment method at checkout to pay in 3-48 equal monthly payments with a rate that is currently between 10-30% APR. Visit amazon.com/affirm to learn more.
Earn Rewards with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card
Earn 5% back at Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market, and on Chase Travel, and at least 1% back on all other purchases with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. In addition, earn 10% back or more on select products as a limited time offer.
For Prime members with less than perfect credit, Amazon also offers the Amazon Secured Card, built for people who are new to credit, or who would like to rebuild their credit. This card has no annual fee, can be used at Amazon.com and Amazon physical stores, and your payment activity is reported to major credit bureaus to help you build a credit history. With the card you will also have access to your credit score, along with tools, guidance and tips to help you improve your credit.
Veteran-Owned Amazon Storefronts
- Doc Spartan
- Owned by Dale King, a former Army intelligence officer. Ointments, deodorants, and various grooming products.
- Owned by Anne Brewer, a proud military spouse (also a Realtor in Virginia Beach). It’s a simple cell phone holder that can be easily attached to any surface.
- Founded in 2012 by Master Gunnery Sergeant Sean Brownlee, a Special Operations Marine. It’s a super high-quality rope and cordage manufacturer.
- Unique Pl8z
- Owned by Nicole O’Brien, a military spouse. Spent a lot of time traveling while PCS’ing, created a sign using license plates from states they had traveled to, company was born from that. Company mission to empower veterans and military spouses through entrepreneurship.
- Founded by Paul Miller, retired Combat Photographer, Drill Instructor, and Embassy Security Guard in the US Marine Corps. He doesn’t sleep well, tried some sleeping headphones that were junk, so made his own high quality ones. They have a niche in the Autism and Sensory Disorder communities, especially with special need kids.
- Arielle “Dani” Lebovitz, author
- Military spouse/mother. Writes educational book series centered around helping kids learn about food and establish healthy eating habits.
- Shaded Trails All Natural Dog Treats
- Founded by J.R. Starlin, a retired Crew Chief in the US Air Force. Maker of vegan dog treats.
- Stubble & Stache
- Founded in 2012 by Nicholas Karnaze following the combat death of his good friend and fellow special operations Marine Justin Hansen. Justin had a big beard when he was killed. Nick grew a beard in Justin’s honor, and had issues looking for skin care solutions, so he made his own.
- Combat Flip Flops
- Founded by former Army Rangers Mathew Griffin and Donald Lee after multiple tours in Afghanistan. They make quality, sturdy sandals and use the profits to support education for Afghan women.
- Grunt Style
- Founded in 2009 by former Army Drill Sergeant Daniel Alarik (some recent issues regarding his departure). It’s a military-themed apparel company.
- RECON Rings
- Co-founded by Tom Tartaglia after witnessing his fellow soldier lose his finger when his wedding band got caught on a door while on patrol in Iraq. They make safe, comfortable silicone wedding bands for active individuals.
- Founded by retired Air Force Officer Matt Butler, inspired by games he would play during downtime on deployments in Iraw and Afghanistan.
- Alpha Coffee
- Founded by Carl and Lori Churchill. Carl is a 21 year Army vet, and grew up an Army brat – born in Germany and raised on military bases around the world. His passion to find good coffee led him to start the company, and they donate coffee to deployed troops around the world + they give a portion of their profits to military and veteran focused charities.
- Black Rifle Coffee Company
- Founded by Evan Hafer, a former US Army Green Beret, between deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Fire Dept. Coffee
- Founded by Navy veteran and full-time firefighter/paramedic Luke Schneider. Donates 10% of its proceeds to the Fire Dept. Coffee Foundation, their non-profit that supports groups that help first responders who are physically or mentally injured on duty.
- Frag Out Flavor
- Founded by Army Combat Engineer Patrick Flynn in 2017. He was inspired to create Frag Out Flavor after surviving on Army rations during his deployments, and vowed to never settle for bland food again.
- Mutt’s Sauce
- Charlie “Mutt” Ferrell, Jr. created his own recipe for what he called “Mutt sauce” back in 1956 while serving in the US Air Force in both the Vietnam and Korean Wars. He passed his recipe down to his grand daughter Charlynda, also a US Air Force veteran, who founded Mutt’s Sauce to share it with the world.
- Rumi Spice
- Founded by Keith Alainz and Kimberly Jung, two US Army veterans. While on tours in Afghanistan, they learned of the amazing psices that grew in the region, and the challenges faced by the farmers. They created a modern-day spice route to connect the farmers in Afghanistan to the US market.
Save More by Shopping Small and Veteran-Owned
Look for the Small Business Badge: Prime members can discover and shop products from small business brands in Amazon’s store with the new Small Business Badge. This new badge makes it easier for members to identify products from small business brands and artisans. To learn more and shop curated collections—including from Black-owned, woman-owned, and military family-owned small businesses—visit amazon.com/supportsmall.
Amazon Prime Benefits for Military Members and Veterans
There is a slew of benefits to compliment the convenience of 2-day shipping with a Prime membership:
Whole Foods Market Savings: Save 5% when you shop at Whole Foods with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card and get two-hour delivery in participating cities.
Prime Photos: Get free storage for all of your photos on the Amazon Cloud Drive and additional space for document and video storage.
Kindle Lending Library and Kindle First: Get early access to books, free two-day shipping, and other exclusive promotions.
When is Amazon Prime Early Access Sale?
Last year Amazon announced the Prime Early Access Sale, which is Amazon’s new deal event that runs usually around October. For 2022, the sale was Tuesday, October 11th through Wednesday, October 12th. This early access sale is exclusively for Prime members, featuring two days of incredible deals ahead of the holiday season. It is predicted to be around the same time period for 2023.