Shades of Green Resort Military DiscountUpdated: October 27, 2023
Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort is an Armed Forces Recreation Center resort. It is a family-friendly destination dedicated specifically to military members and their families.
The resort features nearly 600 oversized guestrooms and suites and offers affordable rates on accommodations to give military members the opportunity to enjoy a world-class vacation without the excessive expense. The resort also sells tickets for local attractions at up to 12% off when purchased from the on-site ticket center. Get discounted tickets to Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, LegoLand, Kennedy Space Center, Medieval Times, Busch Gardens of Tampa, Orlando Magic basketball games, and many others.
Shades of Green guests can increase their savings by checking the monthly specials at the time of reservation and add meal packages at discounted rates.
Salute to Our Veterans Promotion
Through the Shades of Green “Salute to Our Veterans” program, all military veterans who have received an honorable discharge have an opportunity to vacation at Shades of Green during January and September. Reservations are subject to availability.
Proof of honorable discharge is required with a copy of a current DD-214 form. Rooms booked with this special promotion will pay the Category 3 rate. You may sponsor up to three rooms if you qualify for this promotion. Room rates are based on two adults occupying a standard room and four adults occupying the suites. Add $15 per additional adult ages 18 years or older. Please call the Reservation Office at 888-593-2242 to book your reservation.
How Do I Qualify to Stay at Shades of Green?
- Armed Forces and Their Families:
- Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Cadets of Armed Forces Academies.
- ID is Common Access Card.
- Other Uniformed Services:
- Includes Public Health Service, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps.
- ID is DD Form 2, PHS 1866-1 or 1866-3.
- Armed Forces Retirees and their Family Members:
- Retired from Active Duty, Reserves, and National Guard with or without pay (gray area).
- ID is DD Form 2, 1173 or 1173-1.
- Others Separated From the Armed Forces and Their Families:
- Honorably discharged veterans with 100% Service-connected disability. ID is DD Form 1173 or DD Form 2765.
- Involuntarily separated service members under the Transition Assistance Management Program ID is DD Form 2.
- Personnel separated under Voluntary Separation Incentive (VSI) & Special Separation Benefit (SSB) programs for two years after separation ID is DD Form 2.
- Former and/or Surviving Spouses and Family Members:
- Un-remarried surviving spouses of personnel who died on active duty or while in retired status ID is DD Form 1173 or 1173-1.
- Un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least 20 years while the military member was on active duty ID is DD Form 1173.
- Other Supporters of the Department of Defense:
- Military personnel of foreign nations and their family members when assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation or on U.S. Travel Orders.
- U.S. employees of firms under contract to Department of Defense working in the Pacific Region outside the U.S. on Department of Defense Government orders.
- Other personnel on official business with DoD as specifically authorized by the General Manager or his designee.
- ID is DD Form 1173 or 2765.
- U.S. Department of Defense Civilians and Family Members:
- Current and retired (APF and NAF) Department of Defense (DoD) and Coast Guard (CG) civilian employees. DOD or CG ID card, Retired ID card, or current Leave and Earnings Statement with photo ID required for check-in.
- Survivor Family Package Eligibility:
- The Survivors’ Family Program extends to eligible Family members who have suffered a loss of an Active Duty sponsor regardless of cause. A DD Form 1173 with “AD” in the Sponsor Service/Status field in combination with “DB” (DOD Beneficiary) or CH (Child Beneficiary) in the Relationship field on identification cards is required.
- The Survivors’ Family Discount Program provides a 50% discount from normal room rates by applicable rate category. Discount may be applied to additional occupants and up to a total of three guest rooms. To receive the Survivors’ Family discount, the Survivors’ Family Member with a military identification card must make and confirm reservations and be the primary occupant.
- The Survivors’ Family Program extends to sponsored guests accompanying the Survivors’ Family Member with a DD Form 1173. Stays under the Survivor Family Program may not exceed 14 nights in duration. Discounts are applicable on guest room(s) only, cannot be combined with other offers, and may be limited to certain locations and time periods.
More About Shades of Green
- Shades of Green is available exclusively for military members, their families, and sponsored guests.
- The resort is located between two PGA Golf Courses.
- Every room has a mini fridge and sleeper sofa.
- Shades of Green has an on-site ticket service to help you plan your visit to any of the nearby major attractions.
- Enjoy three pools, a cushioned splash park, and a three-level water slide.
- There is a fully stocked AAFES Exchange store with souvenirs, snacks, and toiletries.
- The Magnolia Spa offers services for kids and adults.
- Includes use of the 24/7 fitness center.
- Family-friendly yoga classes are available.
- Lighted tennis courts are available for use, with equipment available to borrow for free.
- Enjoy free shuttle service to Disney Springs, a premier Walt Disney World shopping destination featuring over 50 retail stores and entertainment.
- Three outlet shopping centers are located nearby.
- The Shades of Green bus takes guests to all the best Disney spots, including Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Waterpark, and more.
- There are six on-site options for dining, from quick snacks on the go to full sit-down dining for a relaxing home-cooked meal.