The Platinum Card from American ExpressUpdated: October 21, 2021
Veteran.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Veteran.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the authors alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The Platinum Card from American Express
When used strategically and paid in full each month, credit cards can be a great way to earn valuable rewards, avoid currency transaction fees, and add consumer protections to your purchases. With a list of perks that perhaps no other card can match, The Platinum Card from American Express deserves a place in your wallet. You can enjoy a little VIP treatment and a host of travel benefits with this as your primary card.
View the simple application process here to take advantage of all those benefits today. And just in case you’re curious, here’s why we love this card …
- It kicks off with a huge 100,000 Amex Membership Reward Points welcome bonus that’s worth $2,000+. To get the bonus, you only have to spend $6,000 in the initial 6 months.
- You’ll earn 10x points at restaurants worldwide, alongside earning 5x points on airfare. You can book directly with your favorite airline, or on amextravel.com – up to $500,000 per calendar year.
- An additional 5x points earned on prepaid hotels at amextravel.com and a $200 annual hotel credit, lets The Platinum Card shows you the benefits of being a frequent traveler.
- What else? There are $240 in Digital Entertainment Credits (which add up to $20 in monthly statement credits when you use your Platinum card to pay for streaming and news services such as Peacock, Audible, Sirius, and the New York Times. *Enrollment Required.
- And the list goes on . . . $200 in Uber Cash (Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides). A very popular $200 Airline Fee Credit (up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at qualifying airlines).
- A $189 CLEAR Credit, which will help you speed through airport security on your way to your Free access to 40+ Centurion Lounges and 1,200+ Priority Pass airport lounges. All with No foreign transaction fees charged while you’re out of the country.
- The heavy metal card stands out from the other cards in your wallet. And for the shoppers out there, additional benefits include a $155 Walmart+ Credit (Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax) and finally a $100 annual credit at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- All this for a low Annual fee of $695*.
We believe the Platinum Card from American Express is one of the best travel rewards cards for our readers and their families. The welcome bonus, the recurring annual benefits, the airport lounge access, and the other travel benefits make this card the premier travel rewards card to have.