Benefits - Page 3

how to set up VA direct deposit

How to Set Up VA Direct Deposit for Benefits

Updated: November 29, 2022

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) pays disability, pension and education benefits associated with your military service. You can get these payments quickly and safely when you set up VA direct deposit to your bank account. Setting up and changing your VA direct deposit is simple as long as you know where to go. The […]

Read More
Health and fitness military discounts

Military Discounts on Health and Fitness

Updated: November 9, 2022

Editor’s Note: Military and veteran discounts below are subject to change without notice. Verify discounts before purchase by following the links below or contact the retailer for more information.  Maintaining physical fitness can help military and veteran families deal with unique stressors that come with the military lifestyle. Staying fit and healthy isn’t easy, and […]

Read More
va health care other insurance

How VA Health Care Works With Other Health Insurance

Updated: October 25, 2022

The Veterans Health Administration offers first-class health care to eligible veterans. Enrollment in VA health care fulfills the Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage requirement. Despite this, the VA encourages veterans to keep their private insurance – like Tricare – which can help pay for services the VA doesn’t cover, such as non-service connected conditions. While […]

Read More
Military Covid Disability Claim VA

VA Disability Claims for Covid-19

Updated: October 13, 2022

Active-duty military service members and National Guardsmen on emergency response orders may have been exposed to Covid-19 in the line of duty. Some people who contract the Covid-19 virus experience lingering effects from the disease, which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) refers to as “post-Covid conditions,” or “long Covid.” If you contracted […]

Read More
2023 BAH Rates - Basic Allowance for Housing

2023 Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Rates

Updated: October 25, 2022

Military service members may receive a 4.2% Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate increase in 2023, according to the draft 2023 defense budget. Proposed 2023 BAH increases are subject to change during the FY2023 defense budget legislative process. BAH covers 95% of housing expenses while service members pay the remaining 5% out of pocket. However, grade […]

Read More
Dual Military Couples

Benefits of Dual-Military Couples

Updated: July 7, 2022

When two military members marry, they become a dual-military couple, also known as a mil-to-mil couple. Different branches of service may use other terms. Dual-military couples are relatively common. According to Human Performance Resources by CHAMP, nearly 7% of active-duty service members and nearly 3% of reserve and Guard members are in mil-to-mil marriages. Dual-military […]

Read More
back-pain-va-disability

VA Disability Ratings for Back Pain

Updated: October 10, 2022

Lower back pain is the leading cause of disability in the United States, affecting about 4.3 million Americans – twice the burden of any other health condition. About 20% of such cases are chronic, lasting a year or more, according to the National Institutes of Health. However, the incidence of low back pain is about […]

Read More
Tricare Prime vs. Tricare Select

Tricare Prime vs. Tricare Select

Updated: July 20, 2022

Military family members who are eligible for Tricare health insurance coverage have a variety of choices to make. One of the most important decisions is which plan to pick: Tricare Prime or Tricare Select. Active-duty service members do not have that choice. They will be enrolled in Tricare Prime and should expect to use the […]

Read More
Top Military Spouse Benefits

Five Top Military Spouse Benefits

Updated: July 20, 2022

Military spouses face many challenges, but there are also numerous benefits, ranging from educational to employment opportunities. You’ll receive some of these programs automatically upon your spouse’s entrance into military service or your marriage, while you will need to seek out others. Listed below are five of the top benefits available to military spouses. 1. […]

Read More
branch-best-benefits

Which Military Branch Has the Best Pay and Benefits?

Updated: April 29, 2022

If you’re considering a military career, you might wonder which military service – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard or Space Force – has the best pay and benefits. At a basic pay level, the answer is simple. The military pays the same regardless of branch, according to your pay grade and years of […]

Read More

Military & Veteran Discounts

Want 30+ Military / Veteran Discounts to use today? Enter your email for updates and we'll send them straight to your inbox!

Get Started

All information is completely confidential.
By clicking ‘Get Discounts’ you agree to our Privacy Policy.

VA Home Loans

Check VA Loan Eligibility